PLEASE READ BELOW FIRST
If you ARE a current math major, please read the instructions below before making your appointment or your appointment will be cancelled:
Welcome to the Math Undergraduate Advising Office Online Appointment System (OAS), which will be operational beginning Friday, March 13, 2015, until Monday, May 4, 2015, for *current math majors* so that current math majors may get advised and sign up for fall courses.
Current math majors, please note that in order for you to meet your math advising requirement, you will need to complete the following steps, in the following order:
1) find out when your registration appointment will be. This information should be available on Testudo (or your UM portal) beginning March13, 2015.
2) after you have found out when your registration appointment is, request an undergraduate advising appointment (with Kate or me) using this system (OAS). The undergraduate advising appointment you request should be NO MORE THAN 7 calendar days in advance of your registration appointment, or your undergraduate advising appointment will be canceled.
3) beginning March 13, 2015, bring your student I.D. and stop by MTH1117 to pick up your advising packet. You will need to bring this packet to all your advising appointments (see #4 and #5 below).
4) if you have taken, are taking, or plan to take any 400-level MATH/STAT/AMSC course, you will need to have faculty adivisng (i.e.,advised by a math faculty member) before seeing Kate or me. You are welcome to ask any math faculty member for advising availability. Your faculty advisor will complete the blue sheet, which you will find attached to the advising packet.
5) advising appointments with Kate and me are available on a first-come, first-served, basis. Nevertheless, if your registration appointment has passed, and if you have had faculty advising already (if you are required to have one), you may try to catch us between appointments. While we will try our best to work you in, there is no guarantee that we will be able to see you, as priority will be given to students who have made appointments with us.
Thank you all in advance for your cooperation so that we may have another smooth advising season!